Call for Applications
Rehabilitation of Degraded Agricultural Lands in Kandy, Badulla and NuwaraEliya in Central Highlands (RDAL) is a project implemented by Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in collaboration with Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Management Centre of the Department of Agriculture. As part of this project, this national initiative has been organized to promote knowledge and experience sharing on Sustainable Land Management (SLM) best practices for a sustainable agriculture in Sri Lanka.
Innovative SLM Practices (10 SLM Technologies and 05 SLM Approaches) will be selected by an independent expert committee. Following key criteria will be considered during the selection process.
- Innovation: creation, development and implementation of new ideas
- Effectiveness: ability of producing a desired result
- Efficiency: ability of producing a desired result with a low-cost and optimum use of resources
- Relevancy: the practice must provide solution for issues related to land degradation
- Sustainability: ability to exist constantly with efficient use of resources
- Participatory: multi stakeholder participation during development and implementation process of the practice
To find more information about the competition and application please click below links to download the concept note of the event. Please submit your proposal according to the formats given in the concept note by post or email to following address on or before 31 March 2021.
FAO Field Office
Natural Resource Management Centre
No 52, Sarasavi Mawatha,
Tel: 0812 085120/ 074 1747392